turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nykki637

I have three 1099-Rs. Two of which rolled into IRAs. Only one I received the distribution. But it appears, even though I added the “G” code, that the other two I didn’t receive are bein

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

I have three 1099-Rs. Two of which rolled into IRAs. Only one I received the distribution. But it appears, even though I added the “G” code, that the other two I didn’t receive are bein

The key to having Form 1099-R distributions taxed properly is not only entering the 1099-R itself accurately, but answering all of the follow-up questions accurately as well.

After you enter a Form 1099-R, one of the follow-up questions will pertain to whether the amount was rolled into another type of retirement account.  Be sure that this question is answered accurately to get the correct tax treatment for your distribution.  

After all three 1099-R forms have been entered, there will still be follow-up questions left to answer before you have completed that section of your return.  Keep moving forward until you get back to the main income screen.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

turbotax summarizes distributions in your income summary.

Don't confuse that with the taxable amount on your Form 1040.

Use "Preview My 1040" to see that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies