turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I followed the instructions to tax forms from Fidelity. It was processed. However, they are not showing up as either Interest or Dividend income. What are next steps?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SamS1
Expert Alumni

I followed the instructions to tax forms from Fidelity. It was processed. However, they are not showing up as either Interest or Dividend income. What are next steps?

Review your entries.  TurboTax recommends you review any imported financial information for correctness before filing your return.  If you have the hard copy or pdf of your combined 1099 statement, go to each section of TurboTax to review your entries.  After you have logged in and are in your return:

• Go to Search at the top of the screen.
  • then enter Form 1099-DIV in the search box. 
  • You will see a Jump To function that will take you to the 1099-DIV input screens. 
  • There compare your TurboTax 1099DIV amounts to your Fidelity hard copy DIV section and make any changes.
  • Continue through the screens till completion..

Next do the same for 1099-INT starting in the search box.  You should be able to update the amounts in TurboTax as needed.

The pandemic has affected your taxes in many ways. Including reporting in TurboTax the amount of stimulus money you received. Click Here for more information on how the Pandemic affected your 2020  taxes.

This is a tech support question.  I know to review my data once it is imported.  My question is why after I have imported this data from fidelity 3 times the data is not showing up under the 1099 forms?  I know that Turbo Tax is seeing it because it initially shows on the screen.   I make the correct clicks to get to the next screen and then...nothing.  I am sure this is an error on my part but I do not know what the mistake is. 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Yes it sound like a tech support issue.  Have you tried logging out, clearing your cache and cookies in your browser, then logging back in?  That will sometimes help with clearing issues.  

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.
On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.
Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Give that a shot.  The other thing I might suggest is if you are not running TurboTax in Chrome, give that a try also.

Thank you for this information.  I followed your instructions.  I do use chrome for turbo tax.  I cleared the cache, etc. and this time it did not even find the data.  All it says is:

Something unexpected happened.

Try again in a few hours. (0000)

I tried again and this time it showed the data but after the data showed up and I clicked "done" - same problem  The data is not there.  Maybe this is user error but not sure what I am doing wrong.  Will call customer support. 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Yes...that might be your best best at this point. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help.  We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.
Click here to get you the help you need.

The pandemic has affected your taxes in many ways. Including reporting in TurboTax the amount of stimulus money you received. Click Here for more information on how the Pandemic affected your 2020  taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies