turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed a 2019 tax form with no bank infotion on it. my only income is social security. it is deposited automatically in my bank acct. how will i get my stimulus ck ?

i dont ow money nor do i get a refund . will they use  info from my social security automatic    deposit for deposit of stimulus check or will it be mailed /
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I filed a 2019 tax form with no bank infotion on it. my only income is social security. it is deposited automatically in my bank acct. how will i get my stimulus ck ?

Yes, the IRS will use the bank information where you normally receive your SS benefits to direct deposit your stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ifiled a 2020  paper tax form mailed it to irs  no bank information as no owe or no refund  a o balance how will my stimulus ck be received mail or deposit to my bank acct. my only income is social security. I receive a 1099 form. 

Social Security and Stimulus Payments

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

xmas baby this is not a good answer. it says if you didnt file a rax form.i did

@7sons4me Okay---you mailed a tax form.  But right now the IRS is not even opening its mail.  They will likely use the records they have for you from Social Security to issue your stimulus money before they even get around to opening the mail and seeing your paper return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@7sons4me - if you only receive social security and had no other reason to file a 2018 or 2019 tax return, there was really no action for you to take in the first place.

Everyone on social security in this group is supposed to get their stimulus later this week to the same bank account that their monthly check gets deposited into.

does that help? 

I amunder my state senior rx program no money involved unless you are in medicares part d prescription gap. having had a husband who died from cancer i am aware of the prescription cost.  there is a five year waiting list to enter this program. every july they require either a copy of your tax forms from previous year or 3 months bank statement to verify income. i prefer for file form with the  0 balance to give to them verses the bank statements

That is fine.   There are people who are not really required to file income tax returns who do so for reasons such as yours.  But just so you know, there will be a delay in the processing (such as it is) of your mailed tax return.  For your stimulus check, they will use your Social Security records.

i have a certified receipt from irs dated marched 9 for receipt,maybe beore they stopped looking at  their mail

i have a certified receipt dated  march 9 maybe before they stopped looking at their mail?

Those on SS who are not required to file will see their stimulus payments in the next 2 weeks ... there is nothing you need to do or can do to make the payments come any faster ... just sit tight. 

I filed 2019 taxes even though I receive Social Security.  I owed NO taxes so did not enter bank info.  I. did not get a direct deposit  stimulus, I instead received my check by mail. My Social  Security checks are direct deposit.  How do I get a direct deposit of my second Stimulus check?

Why was it by mail on the first Stimulus check?

Agree that is odd because they had your bank info via social security administration.  It was correct that by law (it was written into the CARES act), the IRS could only use bank info from tax returns if the taxpayer was due a refund, but not if they owed money or in your case, was a zero - and that may be why you received a check.

suggest watching the IRS website in the coming weeks and see what the new FAQs state about Bank information, so that you can update your information there this time.   Maybe the law gets written this time that the IRS can use Banking Information from those that owed money or were a zero??????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies