turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't update my retirement income. The prompt says the IRS is still working on that section but I don't believe it. Can you help me?

Help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I can't update my retirement income. The prompt says the IRS is still working on that section but I don't believe it. Can you help me?

Maybe, but the IRS really is still working on COVID related forms like 8915E for money taken out due to COVID. Incredibly enough, some of the lesser forms in popularity won't be ready until tax season is almost over.

The IRS does not open until February 12. They work on forms from most common to least common. See Federal form availability for expected release dates. Once released, we work to incorporate them quickly.

Let us know what you need!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mabthis
Returning Member

So I am getting the same message three weeks later. What is the deal? How am I supposed to file my taxes if TurboTax doesn't have the ability to process the information needed for my return?

There are no issues with Federal tax at this time  but MI, NY and HI state are not finished.

If you are using the desktop software then be sure you have updated to release r20.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
mabthis
Returning Member

My version is 20 and it will not allow me to enter the information. Who do I need to contact to get this taken care of? There is no link anywhere to get technical support for this software that I can find.

@mabthis wrote:

My version is 20 and it will not allow me to enter the information. Who do I need to contact to get this taken care of? There is no link anywhere to get technical support for this software that I can find.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies