turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a resident of NV -- it says in box 16 $5,244.00 as state distribution - you said the state distribution was for state NE - what do I do? sure it is an error!?

Sure the 1099R is incorrect.  Do I just contact them>
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I am a resident of NV -- it says in box 16 $5,244.00 as state distribution - you said the state distribution was for state NE - what do I do? sure it is an error!?

Contact the issuer. They will send a corrected for 1099-R. Which means, when you enter the new form, be sure to check the box that it is a corrected from when you enter it. Otherwise, the IRS will think you got 2 1099R forms. A replacement should not take long to get.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

"  you said the state distribution was for state NE  "

Ahhhh...but what is on your actual 1099-R form ? 

An NE or an NV?

IF yoru real form has an NV on it...then you just need to correct the software entry (By making boxes 14, 15, & 16 entirely blank

......but if NE is actually on the real 1099-R, then there are extra things you need to deal with...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies