turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kpb5000

How do i complete my taxes if the state never sent me a 1099-G, and replacement forms wont be sent until next year? i proactively paid the taxes..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

How do i complete my taxes if the state never sent me a 1099-G, and replacement forms wont be sent until next year? i proactively paid the taxes..

A Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS will include the information from any 1099-G that was issued to you for 2020. You can use the information from the transcript to prepare your tax return. Go to the following link on the IRS web site to get a transcript. You want a Wage and Income Transcript for 2020, not a Tax Return Transcript.

Get Transcript

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Many states do not send 1099-G forms in the mail. You have to access it on the state's unemployment web site. Check the unemployment web site for how to get your 1099-G online.

kpb5000

There are no forms accessible on the website, even in the specific page where the state says the 1099-G form would be located. i requested a replacement, but the state site says they will ship with the 2021 tax forms..

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

A Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS will include the information from any 1099-G that was issued to you for 2020. You can use the information from the transcript to prepare your tax return. Go to the following link on the IRS web site to get a transcript. You want a Wage and Income Transcript for 2020, not a Tax Return Transcript.

Get Transcript

kpb5000

Thank you! @rjs 

With this form, and the payment information in the Co payment page i believe i was able to calculate everything correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies