turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Check Entry - 1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large" My line 11 value is 0. (based on line 10 being negative value). What number am I supposed to put here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

"Check Entry - 1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large" My line 11 value is 0. (based on line 10 being negative value). What number am I supposed to put here?

Rather than 0, leave the value in box 11 blank.    When the error comes up, delete the zero (or whatever is there) and leave the box empty.

Check line 10 of the Smart Worksheet.  If it's negative, you won't be able to defer the Social Security portion of the self-employment tax.  The error might be arising from that line.

Hi Renee, Thank you for replying. I'll re-visit but I think the item gets initially flagged because box 11 is empty. It's strange, as I'm told that something is amiss and they show an empty box 11 .......... working back to check the math, I see that line 10 results in a negative number. I agree with your reasoning that if this number is negative then I cannot defer any of this amount. So I initially tried zero, which didn't work. I tried a negative number and then a 1. No joy for any of the efforts! I'll try again and see if forcing the box to remain empty works. Fingers crossed. Thanks again! Barry 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies