LJtax229

Question about Early Distribution (1099-R form received) from my retirement plan.

If early distribution from my retirement plan (ESOP) was reported on my Federal and State filings with a 1099-R form, does it also have to be reported on my Local Taxes? The reason I ask is because the Local Distribution box on my 1099-R form is blank, whereas the State Distribution and the Gross Distribution (for Federal) shows the amount of the early distribution. Any help is appreciated.

AmyC

I suggest you check with your local government to verify or reply here so we can be certain. First guess would be taxable.

AmyC

LJtax229

Thank you. I did contact my local tax bureau and they confirmed that it is taxable and needs to be reported as other income.