• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJtax229
Level 1

Question about Early Distribution (1099-R form received) from my retirement plan.

If early distribution from my retirement plan (ESOP) was reported on my Federal and State filings with a 1099-R form, does it also have to be reported on my Local Taxes? The reason I ask is because the Local Distribution box on my 1099-R form is blank, whereas the State Distribution and the Gross Distribution (for Federal) shows the amount of the early distribution. Any help is appreciated.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Question about Early Distribution (1099-R form received) from my retirement plan.

I suggest you check with your local government to verify or reply here so we can be certain. First guess would be taxable.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

I suggest you check with your local government to verify or reply here so we can be certain. First guess would be taxable.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

LJtax229
Level 1

Thank you. I did contact my local tax bureau and they confirmed that it is taxable and needs to be reported as other income. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v