cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Put ira distribution in turbo tax as a pension. doesn't affect tax (fed or state) but do I need to amend the returns

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

Put ira distribution in turbo tax as a pension. doesn't affect tax (fed or state) but do I need to amend the returns

Unless you had a non-deductible "basis" in the Traditional IRA, I would not worry about it.   If ever contacted by the IRS a phone call should take care of it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 15

Unless you had a non-deductible "basis" in the Traditional IRA, I would not worry about it.   If ever contacted by the IRS a phone call should take care of it.

View solution in original post

Level 15

Now that both IRAs and pensions are combined on line 4 of Form 1040, reporting a traditional IRA distribution as a pension distribution would have no noticeable effect on your tax return unless, as macuser_22 said, you have basis in nondeductible traditional IRA contributions.

Thank you