turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Phantom 1099-R Review

When doing final steps and responding to your saying there are items I need to review, you show me a 1099-R form that needs corrections or info to be added, however, there's no identifying information for me to know WHAT 1099-R form this is other than my name and social security number.... There's no identifying info for the payor, there's no numbers filled in in any boxes, there's nothing that allows me to know where this form is coming from.  To the best of my knowledge, I have 2 1099-R's and both are already reported without error....  How can I correct this situation or identify where this 1099-R is coming from? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Phantom 1099-R Review

Don't try to correct this through the review section of the program. While there are many ways to approach this, let's try this path first.

If this one doesn't work, please feel free to post in the comments for further clarification.

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form 1099-R you want to remove. (Hopefully, it's apparent at this point.)
  3. After the form is generated in the right pane, click the Delete Form button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelDC

Phantom 1099-R Review

Don't try to correct this through the review section of the program. While there are many ways to approach this, let's try this path first.

If this one doesn't work, please feel free to post in the comments for further clarification.

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form 1099-R you want to remove. (Hopefully, it's apparent at this point.)
  3. After the form is generated in the right pane, click the Delete Form button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.

Phantom 1099-R Review

I independently found my way back to the right sector where I had somehow inadvertently manually entered a 1099-R to fill out and hadn't filled in any info. Deleted the entry and that cleared the problem.... Thanks
MichaelDC

Phantom 1099-R Review

Good catch! and Good Luck!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies