turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

milvoy

Oregon exempts federal pensions service prior to 1991 but will not let me enter the dates and amount. How do I get around this??

How do I bring up the screen required? It tells me to use the edit button but doesn't bring it up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cindy0H

Oregon exempts federal pensions service prior to 1991 but will not let me enter the dates and amount. How do I get around this??

I was having a little trouble with that until I went back to the federal entry of this 1099R. I deleted the old one and entered it again. Make sure boxes 13 and 14 are complete. That is where it flows to the Oregon return. 

When it asks "Where is this Distribution from?", mark Federal govt. retirements benefits. 

When you revisit the Oregon State return on the page entitled "Here's the income that OR handles differently", revisit Retirement Ira and Pension Distributions. Click I received a federal pension.... That should get you to the Edit button.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cindy0H

I was having a little trouble with that until I went back to the federal entry of this 1099R. I deleted the old one and entered it again. Make sure boxes 13 and 14 are complete. That is where it flows to the Oregon return. 

When it asks "Where is this Distribution from?", mark Federal govt. retirements benefits. 

When you revisit the Oregon State return on the page entitled "Here's the income that OR handles differently", revisit Retirement Ira and Pension Distributions. Click I received a federal pension.... That should get you to the Edit button.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies