Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

farnzyeav

We are beneficiaries on an irrevocable q-tip trust and this is the first year we've received income. The K-1 statement we received was for more money that we saw.

As beneficiary of a irrevocable q-tip trust, I understand that I should pay taxes on the money that I receive.  I received a k-1 statement for $5000 more than the money I received.  If the trust kept back some of the income, should the trust pay taxes on that?  Or do I need to even though I never saw the money?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We are beneficiaries on an irrevocable q-tip trust and this is the first year we've received income. The K-1 statement we received was for more money that we saw.

" Or do I need to even though I never saw the money?"

You need to contact the trustee in order to get more information. Generally, however, when a trust instrument states that all income must be distributed, then the beneficiaries pay any income tax due on their share of the income whether that income is actually distributed or not.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

" Or do I need to even though I never saw the money?"

You need to contact the trustee in order to get more information. Generally, however, when a trust instrument states that all income must be distributed, then the beneficiaries pay any income tax due on their share of the income whether that income is actually distributed or not.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies