turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is TurboTax telling me my maximum sep ira contribution is $24,500?The IRS says it should be $55,000.I am entering the numbers from my W2, and TurboTax gives me error.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Why is TurboTax telling me my maximum sep ira contribution is $24,500?The IRS says it should be $55,000.I am entering the numbers from my W2, and TurboTax gives me error.

How much did you earn?  Self-Employed Health Insurance?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Earnings are $310,800. No self-employed health insurance. (Health insurance through spouse's job.)

the $310,800 is on line  31 of your Schedule C?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No, in box 5 of the w2

Are you an employee?

OP is employee.  Answer deleted

I am entering information from the w2. Box 12a says F-32,160. I get an error when I enter this.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies