Solved: Once my traditional ira withdrawals include accumu...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Once my traditional ira withdrawals include accumulated and appreciated monies how does turbocharge handle that?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Employee Tax Expert

Once my traditional ira withdrawals include accumulated and appreciated monies how does turbocharge handle that?

The distribution will be taxable as income if it includes earnings and appreciated money.  

But, if you made non-deductible contributions in addition to deductible contributions to the Traditional IRA, you will be able to enter your basis (the non-deductible contributions) and then the taxable portion of the distribution will be automatically calculated by TurboTax based on your entries.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

The distribution will be taxable as income if it includes earnings and appreciated money.  

But, if you made non-deductible contributions in addition to deductible contributions to the Traditional IRA, you will be able to enter your basis (the non-deductible contributions) and then the taxable portion of the distribution will be automatically calculated by TurboTax based on your entries.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Level 1

Thank you very  much for your response. 

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings