turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

leo111115

On reviewing my tax form, I relized I forgot my husbands pension fund.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

If you have made a mistake on your return, you can amend the return and then print and mail the corrected copy to the IRS.

• First, you must wait until the original return has either been accepted or rejected by the IRS before you can amend.
  • If the return has been accepted and you have received your refund, you can amend now.
  • If the return is rejected, you can edit the return and add or correct the tax return.

Please see these instructions for amending a return in TurboTax Online https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5567856

Once you have finished amending the return, you will need to print and mail the amended return to the IRS. The IRS does not allow amended returns to be efiled. It takes 8-12 weeks for the IRS to process amended return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnaD

If you have made a mistake on your return, you can amend the return and then print and mail the corrected copy to the IRS.

• First, you must wait until the original return has either been accepted or rejected by the IRS before you can amend.
  • If the return has been accepted and you have received your refund, you can amend now.
  • If the return is rejected, you can edit the return and add or correct the tax return.

Please see these instructions for amending a return in TurboTax Online https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5567856

Once you have finished amending the return, you will need to print and mail the amended return to the IRS. The IRS does not allow amended returns to be efiled. It takes 8-12 weeks for the IRS to process amended return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies