turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ngr3000

How do I modify the amortization method from SL to 150% double declining balance on TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I modify the amortization method from SL to 150% double declining balance on TurboTax?

Ok ... If this is for a rental property then you needed to choose the correct section on this screen : 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

What ?   Closing costs are added to the cost basis of the property when you place it into service.  Why are you trying to enter them now separately ?
ngr3000

I used the wrong term. I'm trying to amortize them and not depreciate.

Did you refinance the loan ?   Is that what you are calling closing costs ?  
ngr3000

yes

Ok ... If this is for a rental property then you needed to choose the correct section on this screen : 

ngr3000

That is what I selected. I defined the life as 15 year but could not set the method to 150% DDB

The Default for amortization is deducted ratably over 15 years(180 months).. you cannot choose 150%DB ... the program will do this automatically ... review the depreciation worksheet.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies