turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jb071394

Put ira distribution in turbo tax as a pension. doesn't affect tax (fed or state) but do I need to amend the returns

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Put ira distribution in turbo tax as a pension. doesn't affect tax (fed or state) but do I need to amend the returns

Unless you had a non-deductible "basis" in the Traditional IRA, I would not worry about it.   If ever contacted by the IRS a phone call should take care of it.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Unless you had a non-deductible "basis" in the Traditional IRA, I would not worry about it.   If ever contacted by the IRS a phone call should take care of it.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
dmertz
Level 15

Now that both IRAs and pensions are combined on line 4 of Form 1040, reporting a traditional IRA distribution as a pension distribution would have no noticeable effect on your tax return unless, as macuser_22 said, you have basis in nondeductible traditional IRA contributions.
jb071394

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies