Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ascendedmstrs
Returning Member

Not able to enter 1099-R in Turbo Tax for 2019.

I need to type in the information from my 2019 1099-R form, but the Turbo Tax program won't allow me to put in the information.  What should I do.  I'd like to finish with my taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

@ascendedmstrs wrote:

I need to type in the information from my 2019 1099-R form, but the Turbo Tax program won't allow me to put in the information.  What should I do.  I'd like to finish with my taxes.

What does "won't allow" you to enter the information mean?   What/where is the roadblock?   What are you experiencing?

Also, what product are you using?  Are you using desktop software (CD/download) or Online TurboTax?  If Online (website version), what product edition?

ascendedmstrs
Returning Member

A screen pops up where I am supposed to enter my 1099-R information, but nothing happens when I try to type it in.  I get a message that the IRS does have all of the 1099-R information out yet, and to wait until 1/21/2020.  

So that isn't correct since I have my 1099-R form in hand.

I am using an installed TurboTax, Deluxe CD.

@ascendedmstrs wrote:

A screen pops up where I am supposed to enter my 1099-R information, but nothing happens when I try to type it in.  I get a message that the IRS does have all of the 1099-R information out yet, and to wait until 1/21/2020.  

So that isn't correct since I have my 1099-R form in hand.

I am using an installed TurboTax, Deluxe CD.

It sounds like your product has not been updated.   After you installed, did you reboot your computer and run the program updater?

Which operating system are you using--Windows or Mac?    And what version--Win7/8/10, or what Mac OS X version?

If Mac, be sure you have removed the CD after installing, or the product cannot update.  Be sure you are not running the program from the CD or a mounted virtual drive.    Restart your Mac and see if it auto-updates.

If Windows, with the program open, click in the top TurboTax menubar on the ONLINE menu and in the dropdown choose "Check for updates."

ascendedmstrs
Returning Member

I thought I saw a message that said it was looking for updates when I installed it.  I will check that again.  

Thanks.  Hopefully I can get it to update.  

You still didn't say Windows or Mac and what operating system version.    If you continue to have problems, please include that in your next comment.

ascendedmstrs
Returning Member

I have a Windows operating system.  I updated the TurboTax application, but it still didn't solve the issue that originally showed the error message.  I finally returned the CD to the store and bought another one.  Installed that one, but had the same error message "Unexpected Error".  System runtime.  Serialization Exception: Type is not resolved for member.  Don't understand what that means.  

@ ascendedmstrs wrote:

I have a Windows operating system.  I updated the TurboTax application, but it still didn't solve the issue that originally showed the error message.  I finally returned the CD to the store and bought another one.  Installed that one, but had the same error message "Unexpected Error".  System runtime.  Serialization Exception: Type is not resolved for member."

Don't understand what that means.  

You didn't say what version of Windows, which could make a difference--Win 7,8, or 10.

Sorry, but I can't help you with that issue.  Support can question  you in realtime.   Unless you get other suggestions in this thread, here's how you can phone TurboTax Support for assistance.  They are open this weekend.

One thing you might ask them while they are interrogating you on this issue, since you have tried twice with the CD (which is always the very first release version),  you might want to uninstall, then reinstall from the downloaded program instead of the CD.   The downloaded program should be much more up to date, since there have been many revisions since the CD came out in November.   That may or may not make any difference in your error notice, depending on whether or not it's some underlying problem in your operating system that's not playing well with TurboTax or vice versa.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. 
Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies