turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have 2016 Basic TurboTax and I can't attach my SSA and 10099 forms. The Tools/Attachments is not functioning? Can you assist me?

I have 2016 Basic TurboTax and I can't attach my SSA and 10099 forms. The Tools/Attachments is not functioning? Can you assist me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to attach images of your Forms 1099. Just enter all their information exactly in the interview. The IRS already has all the information on your 1099s.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You don't need to attach images of your Forms 1099. Just enter all their information exactly in the interview. The IRS already has all the information on your 1099s.

What about a retirement 1099-R form; does it need to be sent in with my tax information?

No, just make sure to enter the information into the interview.

By the way, the Tools > Attachments menu item always starts out disabled. It becomes enabled only in certain cases where TT decides you need to attach a file. I don't know offhand what those conditions are.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies