turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jaytax822

My only income last year was $10,000. It was a withdrawal from a Traditional Inherited IRA. Do I pay PA tax on that? I'm single.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My only income last year was $10,000. It was a withdrawal from a Traditional Inherited IRA. Do I pay PA tax on that? I'm single.

See:

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1470/~/how-do-i-know-if-the-amount-on-my-109...

If the 1099R from the Traditional IRA provider, box 7, is coded a 4, it is not taxable by PA.  If coded 4D however, it is an annuity and is taxable same as federal.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

See:

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1470/~/how-do-i-know-if-the-amount-on-my-109...

If the 1099R from the Traditional IRA provider, box 7, is coded a 4, it is not taxable by PA.  If coded 4D however, it is an annuity and is taxable same as federal.

No, if that's your Only income. Although described income is taxable, the amount is below the standard deduction ($12,000) for single filers on 2018 returns.You should file, though, to validate that you have no other income ...

jaytax822

Thank you, I know that is true on Federal Tax, but my question is for Pennsylvania State Tax.

PA requires you to file for any taxable income over $33. Since they also have an inheritance tax, you may have a small amount to pay (around 3%) ...
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies