Solved: Need to verify my health insurance premiums in Block 5 of my 1099R is tax is allowable expense. It is Civil Service insurance and has not be allowable in the past.

Need to verify my health insurance premiums in Block 5 of my 1099R is tax is allowable expense. It is Civil Service insurance and has not be allowable in the past.

Yes, health insurance from Block 5 is allowed as medical expense and it is automatically transferred to medical expenses section by TurboTax.  Be aware, however, that box 5 reports other items and, when going through TurboTax, the software will ask how much of the box 5 is towards Health Insurance Premiums.