Solved: Need to add 401k

acruce04252025

Need to add 401k

at the beginning it asks if you have  401k roth? I said no because I didnt relise it started coming out of check 2016 as well... how do i go back to add this and will I find this on w-2 or only on pay stub

LindaA

Need to add 401k

Don't confuse a Roth 401(k) with a Roth IRA (Individual Retirement Arrangement). Although they are both Roth plans (non-deductible), they are not the same thing, and their contributions are covered in different sections of TurboTax. While you contribute to a Roth 401(k) at work, you set up a Roth IRA on your own, with your bank or other financial institution. Contributions to your Roth 401(k) are reported on your W-2 in Box 12 with code AA. You only need to enter this information in the W-2 section of TurboTax. Please see the FAQ below for instructions. 

How do I fill out the Box 12 information from my W-2?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4785646

LindaA

Need to add 401k