efktaxman

My wife worked as a teacher and now she receives a pension from the state retirement system, is this considered receiving a pension from a state or local government?

She received a 1099-R from the state retirement system because she worked for a public school district for over 30 years.  This is a pension she receives from a school district that is part of the Arizona State Retirement System so I would think that she receives a pension from for a state or local government.  I am correct?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DS30

Yes, her teachers pension will be considered a pension from a state or local government.

DS30