Solved: My spouse passed away in 2016. I inherited a 401k plan that I rolled over into my traditional IRA. Do I need to claim that on my taxes?

My spouse passed away in 2016. I inherited a 401k plan that I rolled over into my traditional IRA. Do I need to claim that on my taxes?

Yes you should, even though it is not taxable.  The plan administrator should have sent you a form 1099-R.

Enter it exactly as printed, including box 7. Go to:

Federal Taxes (top menu)

Click Income & Expenses (just below top menu)

Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security and click Show More (if necessary)

Federal Taxes (top menu)

So, it wont effect anything then because it is not taxable?  It just needs to be enetered?

Correct.  It will not affect anything.  But it is a good idea to report it.