My son 18-yr-old student and has no income; a dependent in our tax return. He opened IRA account with $5500 in 2019. He used my saving money. Is it tax deductible?

My son 18-yr-old student and has no income; a dependent in our tax return. He opened IRA account with $5500 in 2019. He used my saving money. Is it tax deductible? Turbotax does not provide any options for this deduction.

You are not supposed to open an IRA account without earned income. It is not a deduction for you in any scenario. It would be a deduction for a dependent.

In order for a person to make an IRA contribution, he must have earned income. In order to make a $5500 contribution, he must have at least $5500 of earned income (wages or self employment).

You need to contact the plan administrator and undo the contribution