Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sally6

My IRA was rolled over to another IRA and it shows up as non-taxable income. Wil this affect my medicare deductable?

I transfered an IRA from one company to another. I received a 1099R and entered the amount in TurboTax. It shows up in my total income even though it is a non-taxable event. Will this apparent increase in total income affect the amount that I pay for medicare? If so, should I just remove it from the Fed Tax Return since it is a non-taxable rollover? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

My IRA was rolled over to another IRA and it shows up as non-taxable income. Wil this affect my medicare deductable?

No.  Because it does not appear in your AGI, it won't affect the amount your pay for Medicare.

You must report the Form 1099-R and the rollover, otherwise the IRS may treat it as taxable income

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

No.  Because it does not appear in your AGI, it won't affect the amount your pay for Medicare.

You must report the Form 1099-R and the rollover, otherwise the IRS may treat it as taxable income

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies