turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My IRA RMD is $3887.01, split between 2 banks. I took a distribution of $16532 from one bank (to close it out) but nothing from the second bank. Does that work?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My IRA RMD is $3887.01, split between 2 banks. I took a distribution of $16532 from one bank (to close it out) but nothing from the second bank. Does that work?

For tax purposes you only have one IRA that is the aggregate total of all accounts.  The RMD can come from any one or more account as long as the total RMD for the total of all accounts is distributed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply

For tax purposes you only have one IRA that is the aggregate total of all accounts.  The RMD can come from any one or more account as long as the total RMD for the total of all accounts is distributed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Manage cookies