My Illinois tax rate coming in high. Pensions, 109...

swgmw

My Illinois tax rate coming in high. Pensions, 1099-Rs not calculated accurately.

Illinois does not tax retirement income.  Did you enter it correctly in your federal return?

Make sure you entered pensions and 1099R here:

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

swgmw

I did my taxes a month ago, all was fine.   Today I opened turbo tax, had to resign in and reenter my code for activation.  There were also updates and my state tax form is not calculating the correct non tax income.  I went over my federal several times, nothing changed.  Will give it another try tomorrow.  Maybe delete some info and reenter.

@swgmw It sounds like you are using desktop software.  When you are back in your return, switch it to Forms mode and look at the forms to get a better idea of what is going on.  

swgmw

All fixed, human error, thanks!

swgmw

Yes, thank you.

Good!  Glad to know it is fixed!  You are welcome!  Stay safe!