turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My husband received SSA Disability check. Last year he received a lump sum that included money for 2015. I'm trying to enter info about the 2015 return and having probl

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

My husband received SSA Disability check. Last year he received a lump sum that included money for 2015. I'm trying to enter info about the 2015 return and having probl

TurboTax will want to know if you want to make a Lump Sum Election. This election allows you to distribute the money over two years, which may reduce how much of your SS benefit is taxable.

If you have specific questions about what info you're having trouble with, please reply with a more specific question about the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax will want to know if you want to make a Lump Sum Election. This election allows you to distribute the money over two years, which may reduce how much of your SS benefit is taxable.

If you have specific questions about what info you're having trouble with, please reply with a more specific question about the problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies