My form 1099-Q box 4 & 6 state NO but Turbotax sheet has a check mark. Does the check mark represent a YES or NO? I assumed Yes so I left 4&6 blank in TT. Getting errors

The Recipient and the Beneficiary are often different (the Recipient is often a parent, the Beneficiary is the student).

This should not affect calculations in TurboTax.  As long as Education Expenses are equal to or greater than the 1099-Q distribution, the amount should not be taxable.

Scholarships/Grants are subtracted from Expenses, if you enter a 1098-T with an Amount in Box 5.  Be sure to add Room and Board, Books and other Required Expenses as 'Additional Expenses' in the Education section.

Click the link for more info on the 1099-Q you will find helpful.