jmbuhager

My bf made $20,000 more this year, but his taxes are about the same. We have 2 kids but I can't tell if he qualifies for a tax break.

BReals

The tax reform act of 2018 had a lot of changes and it's hard to determine this with just a few data 

There is more information here:

if that doesn't answer you question, please contact us:

In TurboTax Online: 

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already). This helps us provide more personalized answers and help options for you.
  2. Now select Help in the upper-right corner.
  3. Select Contact us at the bottom.
  4. Enter your question, select Continue and then:
  • Post it to our community 24/7 and get an answer from a tax expert, other specialist or customer like yourself; or 
  • Talk one-on-one: Follow the instructions to call us, get a callback, or schedule a call (options vary depending on your question).
  • Free Edition (without PLUS): When you select Talk to a specialist, you'll be asked to add PLUS benefits first.

We are here until midnight on April 15.