Solved: My aunt watches my daughter. She has told me I have to give her a 1099 form. She didn't ask for that last year. Does she really need that form?

tinnytaxin

My aunt watches my daughter. She has told me I have to give her a 1099 form. She didn't ask for that last year. Does she really need that form?

We both live with my mom, I pay her in cash. I'm confused about the form she's asking for because she didn't ask for it last year. And It's my understanding that she doesn't need it either.

TaxGuyBill

For tax purposes, no, she does not need that form.  She can (and is required to) report that income without a 1099.

However, it is possible that she wants it for some other reason.  For example, perhaps she is applying for a loan or some kind of benefits, and having a 1099 is more 'solid' proof of income than without one (although they should still accept her income based on her tax return).

TaxGuyBill