My 1099 R has the number 7 in box 7. This is not a code found on the reverse of the 1099R Help

donalddurbin

I have 2 1099Rs from the same investment firm in box 7 it says #7 - on one and 7D on the other . What do I enter 

MinhT

Code 7 in box 7 means Normal distribution.

Code D means Annuity payments from non-qualified annuities and distributions from life insurance contracts subject to section 1411 taxes.

Please look carefully on the reverse side of your form 1099-R as these codes exist.

In TurboTax, you need to enter these codes and answer the questions in the 1099-R interview. These codes are in the drop-down menu for box 7.

For the second 1099-R with code 7D, you need to enter the codes 7 and D separately in each of the two boxes provided.