Solved: My 1099-R cannot be uploaded because it says the I...

My 1099-R cannot be uploaded because it says the IRS hasn’t provided details on handling coronavirus related disbursements. When will that info be ready?

Thanks for your reply. Though you just rephrased my question, I was able to locate the information so I’ll share it for anyone else that may need it. It’s actually called an 8915-D form and will be available 2/18/2021. 

As indicated, the IRS has not yet released the form to do this, nor have they said when they will do so.

@samanthamarie-fo 

For the vast majority of  COVID-related 1099-R issues, it is likely the 8915-E ....and not the "D". 

( But I can't know if your particular problem uses the "D" or not  :(

_____________________________

"Coronavirus-related distributions. The coronavirus is the only qualified 2020 disaster reportable on Form 8915-E. If you, your spouse, your dependent, or a member of your household was impacted by the coronavirus and you made withdrawals from your retirement plan in 2020 before December 31, you may have coronavirus-related distributions eligible for special tax benefits on Form 8915-E"

__________________________

Here's the initial "Draft" form from Nov of 2020, but it's still undergoing edits......so what will it look like in the end ?????

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i8915e--dft.pdf

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Form 8915-D is for reporting qualified disaster distributions related to storms, flooding and wildfires that occurred in 2019.  It has nothing to do with reporting coronavirus-related distributions.