maxandbetsy

Money taken from my retirement plan was needed to live on and pay bills due to a work place accident.

I have been on workers comp since the accident, but that wasn't enough.  Before the accident, my job required overtime on a regular basis which helped to pay bills.  I had to drop my Aflac insurance, since I couldn't afford the premiums anymore.

Coleen3

No, a qualified disaster is a Presidentially declared disaster, such as a hurricane.

Coleen3

Are you entering a 1099R for a withdrawal?  That is a known issue https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7253580