turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MarriedFilingJointly I paid more SocialSecurity taxes - 2 employers.My Spouse paid exactly for social sec Tax. Where in turbotax can i include this for refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

MarriedFilingJointly I paid more SocialSecurity taxes - 2 employers.My Spouse paid exactly for social sec Tax. Where in turbotax can i include this for refund?

Enter in your Form W-2's as received. TurboTax will automatically do the rest. You will receive a credit for the Excess Social Security or Tier I RRTA tax withheld.

To see this in your return, follow these steps:

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools>
  • Tools>View Tax Summary>
  • Preview my 1040>
  • You will see this on Line 18d "Schedule 3, line 14" of Form 1040.
  • For the details: Scroll nearly to the end, at least 3/4 down to get to Schedule 3.
  • There are worksheets shown in the middle of the form. Line 11 will have your excess social security amount. This amount will be added on Schedule 3.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Enter in your Form W-2's as received. TurboTax will automatically do the rest. You will receive a credit for the Excess Social Security or Tier I RRTA tax withheld.

To see this in your return, follow these steps:

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools>
  • Tools>View Tax Summary>
  • Preview my 1040>
  • You will see this on Line 18d "Schedule 3, line 14" of Form 1040.
  • For the details: Scroll nearly to the end, at least 3/4 down to get to Schedule 3.
  • There are worksheets shown in the middle of the form. Line 11 will have your excess social security amount. This amount will be added on Schedule 3.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies