turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I do not have a box 9A on my 1099-R. You keep telling me I need a percentage amount but I do not have this info.

My form says that boxes 8-11 are not included because they are not applicable. how do I get past this "error" and file this return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I do not have a box 9A on my 1099-R. You keep telling me I need a percentage amount but I do not have this info.

Make sure that you are not entering a "0" in the box for 9A.  Even if your 1099-R form has a zero, you should leave that entry blank.  TurboTax will read the zero as a value and will produce an error because it wants a value at least 0.01%.  This is true of most entries in TurboTax - it is a best practice to leave boxes blank if they are zeroes unless the entry specifically says to enter a zero.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Make sure that you are not entering a "0" in the box for 9A.  Even if your 1099-R form has a zero, you should leave that entry blank.  TurboTax will read the zero as a value and will produce an error because it wants a value at least 0.01%.  This is true of most entries in TurboTax - it is a best practice to leave boxes blank if they are zeroes unless the entry specifically says to enter a zero.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies