Last year with higher numbers my Roth IRA contribu...

dhchasenh

Last year with higher numbers my Roth IRA contributions did not trigger an excess contribution issue this year they did. Did something change in this area?

Last year I contributed $17k this year $11k. MAGI is about the same, $250K.
macuser_22

@dhchasenh wrote:

In 2019 the maximum contribution  to an IRA was $6,000 ($7,000 of over age 50) - 2020 is the same.

You are probably confusing an employer or self-employed retirement plans with a IRA.  They are NOT Traditional or Roth  IRA's and do not get entered in the IRA contribution section.

dhchasenh

You hit the nail on the head. I confused the IRA topic with Employer contributions. Thanks