turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RECEIVED 2 1099-Gs and only rec'd one of these incomes in 2016 for state local refund-where do I put the unrecognized amount and one has box chked for corrected?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

RECEIVED 2 1099-Gs and only rec'd one of these incomes in 2016 for state local refund-where do I put the unrecognized amount and one has box chked for corrected?

It sounds like you received one form twice. The corrected form will replace the previous form. This is in response to where you put the unrecognized amount, as that's not an option. Note that you only need to enter this if you deducted state income tax for the applicable year (2015 tax return). The software will walk you through this. 

If you entered the first one, be sure to delete it and then add your corrected form. Only enter the corrected boxes into the software and you'll be able to tell the software the box is checked too. 

To enter your form 1099-G, follow the steps below:

1. Login and click Take me to my return
  2. Next, select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it  (If you have a blue button that says, 'Check for more income,' click it and then click 'Skip to see all income')
  3. Scroll down to the Other common income section and click the blue hyperlink Show more
  4. Click Start/Update next to Refunds from State or Local Returns
  5. Next, you'll be on a summary screen of forms entered and you can choose to Edit or Delete your entry. You can also choose to Add another State/Local tax refund

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmandaR1

It sounds like you received one form twice. The corrected form will replace the previous form. This is in response to where you put the unrecognized amount, as that's not an option. Note that you only need to enter this if you deducted state income tax for the applicable year (2015 tax return). The software will walk you through this. 

If you entered the first one, be sure to delete it and then add your corrected form. Only enter the corrected boxes into the software and you'll be able to tell the software the box is checked too. 

To enter your form 1099-G, follow the steps below:

1. Login and click Take me to my return
  2. Next, select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it  (If you have a blue button that says, 'Check for more income,' click it and then click 'Skip to see all income')
  3. Scroll down to the Other common income section and click the blue hyperlink Show more
  4. Click Start/Update next to Refunds from State or Local Returns
  5. Next, you'll be on a summary screen of forms entered and you can choose to Edit or Delete your entry. You can also choose to Add another State/Local tax refund
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies