• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theejoshuaweiss

It shows I qualify for $2500 from the AOC but I don't think that is correct. Should I not claim it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

It shows I qualify for $2500 from the AOC but I don't think that is correct. Should I not claim it?

If your school does not participate in or qualify for the Federal program for student loans, then it is not a qualifying educational institution for purposes of the education credits, so you should delete your entries in this area.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anita01

Why do you think you don't qualify?
theejoshuaweiss

I never got a 1098-T and my school says it doesn’t participate in title 4 funding. Does. That matter? I payed $5800 in tuition last year.
Anita01

If your school does not participate in or qualify for the Federal program for student loans, then it is not a qualifying educational institution for purposes of the education credits, so you should delete your entries in this area.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v