Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gklipp

I try to enter my 1099-G State Refund amount but get error "Already Entered" however nothing appears on Line 10 of my 1040 form. I did enter it as paid estimated tax.

In prior year I had no problem entering the State Refund amount but this past year was the first I let the state apply the amount to estimated taxes.  I entered that in the estimated tax area and it said it was NOT common but I needed to enter it.  Is that what is not allowing me to enter the Refund in the 1099-G income area?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I try to enter my 1099-G State Refund amount but get error "Already Entered" however nothing appears on Line 10 of my 1040 form. I did enter it as paid estimated tax.

@gklipp
That should not affect that "Already Entered" notice...(I tried it)

Go to Forms Mode,
Open the "Carryover Worksheet"

In the top table, for your state...what are the $ amounts in columns

b...........c................d.................e................f..............g
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Are you using "Business?
...or Home&Business?
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
gklipp

Home & Business...I will try this...thank you

I had to go to FORMS and enter it manually. IT wouldnt let me enter when using their Q&A since it said I already entered my STATE refund.. Must be a bug in my version of TurboTax. 

it's an issue in everyone's....but I've been trying to get someone to give me their values on the carryover worksheet , so I can see if it's just a column e entry...or something else.
gklipp

thank you

How do you go to forms and enter it?
stevo29

you can only go to forms if you have the PC based software, you can't enter manually with online TTX
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies