Solved: Is this a programming glitch? I entered info for a QCD from my IRA RMD. Then TurboTax insists that I also suffered some kind of disaster! I'm stuck.

jagailey

Is this a programming glitch? I entered info for a QCD from my IRA RMD. Then TurboTax insists that I also suffered some kind of disaster! I'm stuck.

Rachel_W

TurboTax is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution.

As a workaround, you can answer "no" to the question "Was this a Qualified Disaster Distribution?"  and when asked "What type of disaster affected you in 2017?" leave the selection blank and hit continue.  This will not affect any calculations and you will be able to E-file. 

Please check out the TurboTax FAQ below for more details and to sign up if you would like to receive updates on this issue:  

Rachel_W