turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

slshirley

Is my annuity check from Employees Retirement System of Texas taxable by Kansas when not living in Kansas

I receive an annuity check from Employees Retirement System of Texas related to my late husband.  I am now receiving income from Kansas from a Farm inherited from my mom which I may taxes in Kansas.  Is the Employees Retirement System of Texas taxable in Kansas or is this exempt.  I am a resident in Texas.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Karen1209

Is my annuity check from Employees Retirement System of Texas taxable by Kansas when not living in Kansas

No, the TX retirement income is not taxable in KS.  

Actually, KS doesn't even tax their residents on that type of income:

The amount you received as retirement benefits from the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System is not taxable on your Kansas return. The retirement benefits must be included in your federal adjusted gross income before it can be subtracted on your Kansas return. Retirement benefits taxed on your Federal return must be entered on Kansas Schedule S, Part A.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Karen1209

No, the TX retirement income is not taxable in KS.  

Actually, KS doesn't even tax their residents on that type of income:

The amount you received as retirement benefits from the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System is not taxable on your Kansas return. The retirement benefits must be included in your federal adjusted gross income before it can be subtracted on your Kansas return. Retirement benefits taxed on your Federal return must be entered on Kansas Schedule S, Part A.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies