Tucson-Carl

IRS sent me tax bill for 2015. The say no proof of WH from TD Ameritrade IRA WD. I used TurboTax Deluxe with proper entries. 1099R in my file. What could be the problem?

I used TurboTax electronic filing for 2015. The TT entries included my withholding amount from the 1099R. Was I supposed to do anything else? Is the problem that TD Ameritrade did not send 1099R to IRS? I have the 1099R in my hand.

Make a copy of the 1099-R, and mail to the IRS with a letter.

Either TD failed to send the IRS a copy, or they failed to remit the actual taxes that were withheld.

dmertz

Your proof is the amount shown in box 4 of the Form 1099-R provided by TD Ameritrade.  Properly entered into TurboTax this amount would have been included on Form 1040 line 64 or Form 1040A line 40, nowhere else on either of these forms.  Make sure that you didn't enter this tax withholding anywhere separately in TurboTax, improperly doubling the credit for this withholding.  With e-filing, TurboTax would have included in the transmission the Form 1099-R details that you entered manually or downloaded.