jump80

? Iowa income reporting; a certain amount of retirement/social security income is not taxable.How do I find out how to enter this, I don't think Turbo allowed for this.

SteamTrain

In my TTX forms it was automatically calculated and included by the software.

But if you have one of the IA Public pensions (IPERS 1099-R), or a military 1099-R you do need to go thru the entire IA interview (or just the Adjustments section)...there are some selections needed there if your pension was an IA state/local govt pension (or military) of some kind. 

[[[the "adjustment" in that section for a an IPERS or Military pension issued after 1994, is all of box 2a for a military 1099-R, or ...for an IPERS 1099-R, it is just  the difference between box 2a and box 14)

______________

When you print out your IA-1040, your standard $6000/person pension exclusion  (age 55 or older with a 1099-R) should show up on (correction) line 21

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

______________