I do not see this in either the Online or the Windows product. Can you give me the entire sentence leading up to "your"?
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I see the same thing. This is the whole of it (won't allow me to copy and paste):
Governmental Pension Exclusion
Enter or verify your Pensions of New York State and local governments and the federal government.
Did you receive a pension or other distribution from a New York State or local government pension plan or federal government pension plan?
The "Did you receive..." line is a hypertext link.
To get the State pension deduction, you will first have to enter the necessary information in your Federal Income tax return and then in the State income tax return.
Here are the steps to enter your exempt State employee pension:
On the Federal Income Tax portion:
- In the search or find box, type in 1099-R
- Click on Jump to 1099-R
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- At IRA,401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click Start (or Update)
- Enter your 1099-R or if you have entered it, click on Edit then Continue
- Answer the next questions until you get to the Where Is This Distribution From? screen
- Select the source State Employees and enter the information requested:
- Click on Continue
- Click on From a Qualified Plan
- Continue answering the questions
On the State return portion:
- At the Changes to Federal Income page, scroll down to Received retirement income, click Start (or Update)
- At the Retirement Distributions Summary page, click on Edit State
- If no additional information is required, click on Continue
- Click on Done