naneylonclabbax

In previous years I did not pay state income tax on my retirement income. they are not annuities

SteamTrain

And Which State????

Some states handle that in the Federal section...other states (PA and IA and ???) leave it all as taxable until you get to the state taxes section and interview.

But always finish absolutely all of your Federal section first...don't even go into the state sections until everything is done in the Fed section.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

And Which State????

TaxedToTheMax

What is your question specifically? What retirement income are you speaking of, and what else has changed between 2015 and 2016?