turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In 2018 I received from the German government "pension for the longtime insured" (Altersrente für langjährig Versicherte). Where do I claim this income? I have no form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In 2018 I received from the German government "pension for the longtime insured" (Altersrente für langjährig Versicherte). Where do I claim this income? I have no form.

You will enter your foreign pension as "Other Income."  To enter it on your return, follow the instructions below:

• Choose the Federal return and the Wages & Income tab.
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income (you may have to choose Add more income and See more income to view this topic) and Show more.
  • Choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  • Choose Other Reportable Income and say Yes.
  • The screen says "Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC".  This is where you will enter the description "Foreign Pension" and the amount you received.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will enter your foreign pension as "Other Income."  To enter it on your return, follow the instructions below:

• Choose the Federal return and the Wages & Income tab.
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income (you may have to choose Add more income and See more income to view this topic) and Show more.
  • Choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  • Choose Other Reportable Income and say Yes.
  • The screen says "Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC".  This is where you will enter the description "Foreign Pension" and the amount you received.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies