mandjcarroll

In 2015 I claimed Social Security Benefits which I had to return in 2016 because I earned more than the allowable. How do I report/claim this refund.

Right, but your 2016 SSA-1099 will likely show the repayment, so wait for it to arrive.

Did you also receive SS benefits in 2016 and were those benefits reduced by the amount of repayment in 2016?
mandjcarroll

Thank you for your question.  I did receive SSA benefits in 2016.  They were not reduced by the amount of the repayment.  The repayment was a 1 time payment of the full amount owed.