Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Im getting a bonus of 30k before years end, but I only wind up with 15k due to taxes. I already maxed out my contribution of 19.5k in the 401k and I want to know any other way I can be smart about not

Not paying 50% of the bonus money on taxes. Any help if appreciated?!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Im getting a bonus of 30k before years end, but I only wind up with 15k due to taxes. I already maxed out my contribution of 19.5k in the 401k and I want to know any other way I can be smart about not

are you in the 50% tax bracket ? I suppose you are counting state and possibly city tax here.

There is no 50% tax bracket ... I am sure the taxes withheld from the bonus  included fed/state/local and   FICA along with any deductions for retirement plans or insurance.  Review the Paycheck stub to see what was withheld. 

they didn't get that bonus yet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies